Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Stupid People

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Stupid People

    There is nothing more i hate than people who want to ruin something good. Like today at the pool i notice a lady smoking at her chair. I mean we are kind enough to have smoking on site but only in selected areas(basically where an ash tray is). these ash trays are situated away from most people and most importantly the kids. well back to the story the lady was sitting at her chair next to the 0 depth entrance to the pool. I was just going to let that by because i didn't feel like dealing with another confrontation. Well bout 2 minutes later i notice her flicking her ashes in the air and them blowing into the pool. she had about 3 cigs before i could get off the stand. When i walked by jus checking the scene i saw about 7 cig butts on the ground beside her and the ashes to go with them in a pile. so i talk it over with the head lifeguard and we ask her nicely to smoke at the ash trays and clean her mess up she made form the cigs. she didnt like it at all and was rude about it but she did smoke in the designated areas from then on out. Well i notice the lady leaving so i make sure her area is clean and come to find out 2 cigarette butts were floating in the pool. i mean what was the big deal about picking the cigarette buts up. she made the mess why not pick it up. Most people who smoke at the pool do so in the designated areas or walk outside away form the kids. but this lady didnt feel then need to move. i saw about 2 or 3 people move away form her throughout the course of the day and i am guessing because of the smoking.

    i just had to tell some people that because i saw other stories similar to that one on the board earlier and thought it would add ot some good discussions


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    You see more and more people these days that think they own their own little corner of this Earth. If people only knew how sick they look when they smoke, they'd never pick up another cigarette in their life. How people can voluntarily take smoke into their body is just totally beyond me.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    Smoking sucks.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Stupid People

    This is true, but it is an addiction. It does seem as if some would try to be a litle more careful. I wonder how far the lawsuits to make the tobacco companies help pay for the cancer they cause got in funding the needed healthcare? Anybody ever hear of anyone in the area getting any money from these suits? I guess we should be happy with the "quit smoking " spots on the tv.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    i mite get tarred and featherd for this but i think all restaurants should be smoke free period

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    I agree. The problem with some smokers is the same as with some drivers; they only think about themselves. I tell you, common courtesy has been lost on most people nowadays. For every courteous person you see, there'll be ten behind them to mess your day up!
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how far the lawsuits to make the tobacco companies help pay for the cancer they cause got in funding the needed healthcare? </div></div>

    I dislike smoking as anyone else does, but making the tobacco companies liable for any medical costs when they clearly state that their product causes cancer is the person who still uses it own fault.
    I think I might sue microsoft or Dell if I were to get Carpal Tunnel because they provided the means for me to be able to get on the internet and do the repetitive motion that lead to the ailment. Exact same thing.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    I agree Beast. I guess that means Anheiser Busch and Miller needs to help pay for treatments of psorosis(sp) of the liver and other alcohol induced diseases.

    If you are gonna use their products, you are taking the liability for what problems they may cause, especially when its written on the container.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #9
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    I'm a smoker, i have my rights as well to smoke when and wherever I please..but, i do tend to try and not smoke around non smokers in restaurants, ballgames, etc..
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stupid People

    The smokers that are the problems (to me) are the ones that (pick one or any combination):

    a) think second hand smoke is harmless.
    b) think that second hand smoke doesn't stick to the clothes of others.
    c) think their smoke dissipates the second they exhale it or it magically disappears.
    d) flat out dont care what they do to those around them.


    More than once I've told folks who light up around me "sorry I can't be around that" and leave. Funny how THEY get insulted. I'm not telling them to not smoke - I'm taking myself out of situation I cant be in.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •